Location: East Michigan
Position: Account Manager (Sales) – Thermo King Michigan (East Michigan Territory).
Classification: Full Time.
Location: Metro Detroit area (required).
Reports To: Sales & Marketing Manager of Thermo King Michigan.
Pay Structure: Salary/Commission.
Benefits: 401(k) with match plan, profit-sharing, health, dental, vision, and disability plans.
Positions Supervised: None.
Apply agenda-based sales process for territory. Represent all dealership offerings with units (transport temperature control, auxiliary power units, and bus hvac units), service, and parts, for a territory assignment. Take responsibility for performance of territory with sales, gross profit, growth, and customer service. Implement factory and dealer marketing and sales programs. Work collaboratively with service, parts, and accounting departments, to deliver dealership wide customer service experience.
Types of Accounts and Buyers:
Large and small fleets, transportation departments, owner-operators, equipment dealers, leasing companies, transit agencies, and schools. Buyers include business owners, fleet and other managers, purchasing agents, sales representatives, parts and service personnel.
- Create and execute strategic account management plan for territory.
- Set and adjust monthly goals for territory.
- Apply TK Sales Process in managing territory, including Pipeline Management and Unit Sales Forecast.
- Complete standard monthly actions:
- Monitor and drive action from monthly sales report.
- Update quota progress report.
- Review and drive action from I.H.S. Markit (Polk) report.
- Lead mobile service truck manager meeting.
- Arrange or conduct customer training.
- TK LMS training.
- Use Lotus Notes Database for daily work:
- Call reports and important notes.
- Customer and Contact information.
- Perform weekly review with sales manager.
- Attend meetings and trade shows as specified.
- Sales Process per company model (currently Sandler 7-steps and 10-modules).
- Basic business applications (Lotus Notes, Spreadsheets, Email, Calendar, Linked In, Etc.).
- Agenda-based account management.
- Work-time management with Getting-Things-Done model (David Allen’s GTD Methodology).
- Good work record of 5+ years in sales in business to business environment.
- Achiever—internal, constant, and self-imposed desire.
- Responsibility—a need to assume responsibiliy for your work assignment.
- Performance Oriented—a need to be objective and to measure performance.
- Learning Oriented—tendency or habit of seeking continual increase of knowledge/skill.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.