Portable Storage Yard Specialist
Location: Byron Center, MI
Benefits: Health and dental insurance, 401k, profit sharing, short and long term disability, up to 5 weeks’ vacation, personal days, uniforms provided, tool allowance, a great work environment, and a team that is dedicated to being the best in the industry.
Job Description for Portable Storage Yard Specialist
General purpose of the yard specialist:
Oversee the loading and unloading of containers and confirming they are prepped for delivery.
Areas of responsibilities:
Responsible for the smooth and efficient flow of inventory, inspection of returning containers, prep of outgoing containers, lot organization, filling out inspection sheets, using forklift to load and unload containers and keeping equipment in good working order.
- Check containers in upon arrival
- Check in-coming containers for cleanliness, door function, damage, etc. (see inspection sheet).
- Check out-going containers for moisture, cleanliness, decals, etc. (see inspection sheet)
- Fuel forklift weekly
- Confirm refrigerated trailer’s operation weekly
- Keep lot organized to reduce unnecessary movement of containers
- Communicate all relevant information to your manager.
- Mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with public.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Team motivated with personal integrity.
- Ability to use available resources to solve problems.
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity.
This is an overview of your job requirements; your supervisor will lay out the details.