Mobile Service Truck Technician
Location: Southern Michigan
Thermo King leads the world in the innovation of high-performance heating and cooling units for a variety of mobile applications, including trailers, truck bodies, buses, shipboard containers, and rail cars.
Thermo King Michigan is Michigan’s dominant supplier and service provider of new and used Thermo King transport refrigeration equipment.
This person will report to the Service Manager and work closely with the Account Managers & Service Coordinator to meet the customer needs. This position is responsible for establishing contact with existing customers, identifying new opportunities, and following up on potential leads. This person must understand and support the goals of the company so that he/she can effectively and professionally represent Thermo King Michigan in the market place. The responsibility of managing assigned customer service needs falls on the service truck manager. This person will be required to drive a commercial motor vehicle, work on mechanical refrigeration equipment, and work with power tools on a daily basis.
- Maintain a Master Certification level
- Maintain a professional relationship with assigned customers base
- Schedule work with the customer, provide quotes, inform the customer when repairs are complete
- Track maintenance schedules for assigned accounts using tools provided by TKM
- Handle all assigned account service needs
- Visit assigned accounts at least twice a year
- Work with Service and Account Managers to develop new customers
- Assist in the resolution of customer issue (use all TKM resource available)
- Fill out an updated customer list at least twice a year with Service Manager
- Communicate your daily schedule with the service coordinator
- Responsible for ordering and restocking all consumables
- Responsible for the cleanliness and organization of your truck
- Responsible for the maintenance of your truck and its equipment
- Maintain parts inventory per guidelines
Qualification and Experience Preferences:
- Proficiency in Windows-based computer software and email communication.
- Two or more years of customer service experience preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Ability & willingness to focus on the customer.
- Professional appearance.
- Candidate should have a successful/verifiable proven experience in a fast-paced, multifaceted service environment.
- Valid Driver’s License
Benefits include competitive pay, uniforms, up to 5 weeks paid time off, continuous training, 401k, profit sharing, health, vision and dental insurance, short and long term disability, a great work environment, and a company that is dedicated to being the best in the industry.
This is an overview of your job requirements; the Service Manager will inform you of other requirements as they arise and provide details of your duties.Apply Now