Unit Installer (Redford)
Location: Redford, MI
- Install a variety of new units on box trucks, trailers, semi-trucks and buses.
- Some fabrication and welding required.
- Maintain the cleanliness of your service area.
- Mechanical knowledge.
- Fabrication and welding skills.
- Tools to perform unit installations.
- Motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Have a clean driving record, a valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation.
- Able to speak and write English.
- Good typing and computer skills.
- Have strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform certain aspects of the job.
- Able to lift 60 pounds waist high.
- Able to frequently bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb on ladders to get to equipment.
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Potential to earn bonus vacation
- Health and vision insurance
- Company paid dental insurance
- Company paid short and long term disability
- Profit sharing potential
- 401k and Roth 401k with company match
- $400 yearly tool allowance
- Pay: $16.00-$22.00
NOTE: This position serves as a great pathway for those interested in becoming a Thermo King Master Technician.
- Thermo King, part of Trane Technologies, is the global leader in climate control and transport temperature control systems for trailers, trucks, buses, and rail cars to name a few.
- Thermo King Michigan, established in 1963, has led Michigan statewide with an incomparable commitment to customers. Featuring outstanding service with people, facilities, and mobile service.