Thermo King fuel systems are relatively trouble-free and if properly maintained will usually not require major service repairs.
- Drain the water off after the fuel tank and unit have remained idle for an hour.
- Place a container under the fuel tank to catch the draining water and fuel.
- Remove the drain plug from the bottom of the fuel tank.
- Drain till no water is visible.
- *if water and fuel do not drain freely, the vent may be plugged, requiring cleaning/replacement.
- Change the fuel filter/water separator, inspect/clean the fuel pre-strainer, and clean the inlet strainer on the inlet side of the fuel transfer pump.